One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Romanian region of Transylvania or its inhabitants.‘I expected him to speak with a Transylvanian accent’
- ‘The Transylvanian Alps in the central region contain the highest peak, Mount Moldoveanu.’
- ‘Two years ago he moved from Bucharest to a Transylvanian village to renovate the monastery.’
- ‘The Transylvanian forest is lush and covered with green.’
A native or inhabitant of the Romanian region of Transylvania.‘Transylvanians have a strong sense of their distinctness and identity’
- ‘Transylvanians are experienced in commuting between countries.’
- ‘Transylvanians are as keen as the foreigners to snap up new-build properties.’
- ‘They sang carols in German, which is the second language of many Transylvanians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.