Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A male-to-female transsexual.
- ‘The barkeep was a transwoman.’
- ‘She is a real transwoman, not an actor, who makes a potentially challenging subject accessible due to her good humour and honesty.’
- ‘I thought about the various issues that I face as a transwoman in college.’
- ‘The contention is that she is uniquely qualified to talk about the suitability of transwomen for positions in sexual assault counselling.’
- ‘The fact that a transwoman has expressed interest in coming along and specifically asked me if it would be 'a battle' made me want to make sure it wouldn't be.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.