Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A male-to-female transsexual.
- ‘I thought about the various issues that I face as a transwoman in college.’
- ‘The fact that a transwoman has expressed interest in coming along and specifically asked me if it would be 'a battle' made me want to make sure it wouldn't be.’
- ‘She is a real transwoman, not an actor, who makes a potentially challenging subject accessible due to her good humour and honesty.’
- ‘The barkeep was a transwoman.’
- ‘The contention is that she is uniquely qualified to talk about the suitability of transwomen for positions in sexual assault counselling.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.