One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One fruit was cut transversely to form five pairs of flat equatorial transects and these were rinsed briefly with water to remove cell-content residues from the cut surfaces.’
- ‘Therefore, with the muscles arranged diagonally, the skin can be stretched longitudinally and transversely without elongating them.’
- ‘Company maintenance people actually weld a series of parallel steel-plate strips, set 2 in. apart, transversely across the exterior bottom surface of the bucket.’
- ‘Transfer the profiteroles to a cutting board, cut in half transversely, and set aside on a parchmentlined sheet pan, and sprinkle the profiterole tops with confectioners' sugar.’
- ‘A removable partition divided this area transversely into two 30-cm long sections such that the heat source fell in equal portions either side of the division.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.