One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lateral process of a vertebra.
- ‘Dorsal ribs have a concave head that fits the convex end of the transverse process of the dorsal vertebra.’
- ‘This section passes through the tenth thoracic vertebra and its transverse processes.’
- ‘In the subcutaneous tissue - with the technic used in this investigation - these cells rarely show distinct transverse processes encircling the capillary.’
- ‘A fracture of the transverse process of a lumbar vertebra may damage the ureter.’
- ‘This section passes through the third lumbar vertebra, its transverse process, spine, and superior articular process.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.