Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lateral process of a vertebra.
- ‘This section passes through the tenth thoracic vertebra and its transverse processes.’
- ‘Dorsal ribs have a concave head that fits the convex end of the transverse process of the dorsal vertebra.’
- ‘In the subcutaneous tissue - with the technic used in this investigation - these cells rarely show distinct transverse processes encircling the capillary.’
- ‘This section passes through the third lumbar vertebra, its transverse process, spine, and superior articular process.’
- ‘A fracture of the transverse process of a lumbar vertebra may damage the ureter.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.