One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The middle part of the large intestine, passing across the abdomen from right to left below the stomach.
- ‘The right side of the colon includes the cecum, ascending colon and proximal transverse colon and cannot be reached by flexible sigmoidoscopy.’
- ‘In the middle of the section, the transverse colon and ileal arteries and veins may be identified.’
- ‘The transverse colon joins the descending colon, and in the same region five cross sections of jejunum can be identified.’
- ‘On the right side, the transverse colon sacculations and the ascending colon (which appears three sided) are seen.’
- ‘The colon is divided into four parts: the ascending colon, the transverse colon, the descending colon, and the sigmoid colon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.