One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Represent (something, typically an idea, custom, or quality) in a different way, altering people's judgment of or reaction to it.‘survival strategies are aesthetically transvalued into weapons of attack’
- ‘And as much as we might admire her deep-rooted hatred of collectivism, her philosophy is still just another utopian dream, a transvalued Marxism.’
- ‘To overcome, transvalue and control one's life Nietzsche set as life's goal.’
- ‘But this passage is one in which, as is her wont, the author mimes the language of male philosophical and theological tradition that she seeks to transvalue.’
- ‘Perhaps we have simply transvalued impersonality as elusiveness, irony and parodic cultural quotation, qualities especially attractive in the wake of postmodern theory.’
- ‘It was also certainly a deep psychological and emotional experience, a core moral commitment, a personally and socially crucial way of transvaluing human experience and desire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.