Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A microprocessor with integral memory designed for parallel processing.
- ‘These can be used to connect one transputer to four other transputers.’
- ‘The pipeline transputer runs what basically is an assembler program, with three processes: a calculation process and two communication processes, one down, one up the pipe.’
- ‘We will first explore the methods used by the transputers to exchange information with each other, how transputers access the memory, and how they support multitasking.’
- ‘This book presents a systematic approach to parallel implementation of feedforward neural networks on an array of transputers.’
- ‘The specific topology for a transputer network must be configured by the software developer, with occam processes mapped to transputers appropriately.’
1970s: blend of transistor and computer.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.