One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is transgender or transsexual.‘a female-to-male transperson’
- ‘Names are a highly personal thing, and many transpeople go through long involved processes of choosing one.’
- ‘From what I gather, in Thailand transpeople are accepted as the gender as which they present themselves.’
- ‘Our goal should be the freedom and safety for transpeople - the freedom and safety to go more than one washroom from home!’
- ‘It would be naive to imagine that all the needs of transpeople will be met by those who can change things, however they are lobbied.’
- ‘The book is the first in-depth examination of what it means to be a female-bodied transperson.’
- ‘Legally, from the moment a transperson first sees their doctor, they're entitled to be referred to by their chosen gender.’
- ‘And FYI, orientation and desire in transpeople are as varied as they are in the rest of the population.’
- ‘There are emerging organizations and political spaces for queer women, transpeople, those who want to be political, those whose interests are more social.’
- ‘With the health service under attack by the government, transpeople are not a priority where it really matters, giving them the full support they require.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.