One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- rare term for transparency (sense 1)
- ‘The transparence is achieved through double exposure.’
- ‘Octopus and cuttlefish change the colors and texture of their skins to match the surfaces over which they travel; a jellyfish hides in its own transparence.’
- ‘Designers use floral in monotones with unusual checks and stripes, silky and lustrous finishes, transparence and illusion placements with a hint of skin in the collection.’
- ‘In this case, one needs to find the optimal thickness for the crystal that minimally compromises on diffracting volume on the one hand and transparence on the other.’
- ‘Promoting good governance, transparence and accountability involves putting in place mechanisms that enhance and guarantee the quality of public services.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.