One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- rare term for transparency (sense 1)
- ‘Designers use floral in monotones with unusual checks and stripes, silky and lustrous finishes, transparence and illusion placements with a hint of skin in the collection.’
- ‘Octopus and cuttlefish change the colors and texture of their skins to match the surfaces over which they travel; a jellyfish hides in its own transparence.’
- ‘Promoting good governance, transparence and accountability involves putting in place mechanisms that enhance and guarantee the quality of public services.’
- ‘In this case, one needs to find the optimal thickness for the crystal that minimally compromises on diffracting volume on the one hand and transparence on the other.’
- ‘The transparence is achieved through double exposure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.