One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- rare term for transparency (sense 1)
- ‘Designers use floral in monotones with unusual checks and stripes, silky and lustrous finishes, transparence and illusion placements with a hint of skin in the collection.’
- ‘Octopus and cuttlefish change the colors and texture of their skins to match the surfaces over which they travel; a jellyfish hides in its own transparence.’
- ‘The transparence is achieved through double exposure.’
- ‘Promoting good governance, transparence and accountability involves putting in place mechanisms that enhance and guarantee the quality of public services.’
- ‘In this case, one needs to find the optimal thickness for the crystal that minimally compromises on diffracting volume on the one hand and transparence on the other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.