Existing or occurring across the entire wall of an organ or blood vessel.
- ‘There were also multiple areas of hemorrhagic necrosis with transmural extension.’
- ‘Localized rebound tenderness signifies only limited and localized transmural inflammation.’
- ‘A transmural recent hemorrhage was noted at the distal resection margin, consistent with a history of recent perforation.’
- ‘The right ventricular free wall displayed numerous areas with nearly transmural adiposity.’
- ‘The resected portion of stomach had a hemorrhagic, necrotic thickened wall and showed extensive, acute suppurative inflammation, especially in the submucosa, with focal transmural involvement.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.