Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing or occurring across a cell membrane.‘transmembrane conductance’
- ‘Cells can be damaged from cell heating, transmembrane loading, and electrochemical effects.’
- ‘Membrane proteins consist of transmembrane proteins and anchored membrane proteins.’
- ‘Ion channels are transmembrane proteins that regulate ionic permeability in cell membranes.’
- ‘It is important for cell surface recognition and transmembrane signaling during T-cell activation.’
- ‘These transmembrane molecules link the cell to laminins and collagen in the basal lamina.’
- ‘The dye has already proven successful for live cell measurements of transmembrane potential.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.