Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A female-to-male transsexual.
- ‘I married a transman, so I'm well-acquainted with all the shades of gender expression a female-bodied person can achieve.’
- ‘I am a twenty-four year old Female-to-Male transman.’
- ‘Don't have all the details to hand, but there's a Channel 4 documentary tomorrow evening, following four transmen in different stages of transition.’
- ‘Those who are assigned as female at birth but who sense their body sexual function as, and identify themselves as, male are known as transmen, and vice versa.’
- ‘I know of one transman working within the Catholic priesthood and two transpeople studying to do so.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.