One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the trajectory of a spacecraft traveling between the earth and the moon.
- ‘The highly technical reports of Apollo, accessible to but not generally understood by the public, give the three-dimensional details of the translunar trajectory.’
- ‘Two opportunities for translunar injection are provided.’
- ‘He sent men out of Earth's orbit for the first time with the command, ‘You are go for TLI’ (translunar injection).’
- ‘The spacecraft breaks out of Earth's orbit and establishes a translunar trajectory, or path toward the Moon.’
- ‘The upper stage is jettisoned after the translunar injection burn, leaving the Soyuz and logistics module to complete the six-day round-trip mission.’
- ‘If the parking orbit's plane is not the same as the moon's, the translunar trajectory will be inclined to the moon's orbit but this is no problem.’
- ‘For example, the initial stage could provide the translunar insertion burn, then stay attached on the way to the moon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.