One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Different terms applied to opaque and translucent red, and special terms described translucence itself.’
- ‘Legends of the discovery of glass have someone sitting on the sand beside last night's fire picking up a pitted, opaque greyish stone and discovering its hardness and translucence.’
- ‘It also had a translucence about it, but not as much as described by some art critics in the press, the material was a lot thicker than the PVC they described, it was more like rubber.’
- ‘OK, you sauté the onions in a thin coating of oil or butter, but to translucence, not caramelization.’
- ‘But, the spreading of colours to get the effect of translucence or transparency should be done before the material absorbs the colour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.