One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘OK, you sauté the onions in a thin coating of oil or butter, but to translucence, not caramelization.’
- ‘But, the spreading of colours to get the effect of translucence or transparency should be done before the material absorbs the colour.’
- ‘Different terms applied to opaque and translucent red, and special terms described translucence itself.’
- ‘It also had a translucence about it, but not as much as described by some art critics in the press, the material was a lot thicker than the PVC they described, it was more like rubber.’
- ‘Legends of the discovery of glass have someone sitting on the sand beside last night's fire picking up a pitted, opaque greyish stone and discovering its hardness and translucence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.