One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme that catalyzes the transfer of an alcohol group between sugar molecules.
- ‘While enzyme activities of the transketolase in red can be assayed, this is rarely necessary in view of clinical and MRI findings.’
- ‘Thiamine deficiency has been documented in 38 percent of a sample of 37 anorexics using erythrocyte transketolase activation.’
- ‘We also observed that the allergic inflammation results in increases in transketolase, an enzyme that previously has been suggested to be upregulated by hypoxia.’
- ‘An opposite tendency was observed for genes of the second group, which were repressed in control embryos and included a transketolase, a fructokinase, and an aconitase hydratase.’
- ‘We also observed an increase in the levels of transketolase, an enzyme that is involved in glucose metabolism, although not being a part of the glycolytic pathway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.