One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One can determine to what degree cliques are present by measuring the amount of clustering, also sometimes referred to as transitivity.’
- ‘Strengthening is a special case of transitivity, in which the missing premise is a tautology: if C & A then A; if A, B; so if C & A, B.’
- ‘You can't have a classification without an equivalence relation, and one of the three defining properties of an equivalence relation is transitivity.’
- ‘I especially like the discussions of behavioral economics, transitivity, endowment effects, and the like.’
- ‘As children solidly learn the transitivity status of particular verbs, they become more reluctant to use those verbs in other argument structure constructions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.