One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The set of conditions of temperature and pressure at which different phases of the same substance can be in equilibrium.
- ‘Wet electrons, which occur on metal oxide surfaces, represent a transition point for electrons between solid and liquid states of matter.’
- ‘Mg 2 SiO 4 melt exhibits a very rapid rise of viscosity near the glass transition point (T g), which means it is a very ‘fragile’ liquid.’
- ‘Graphite behaves like a two-dimensional metal because there is a transition point between its valence band and conductance band known as the Fermi point.’
- ‘For both samples the DSC shows a sharp peak at the main transition point at 41.4°C and an obvious pretransition range at 34-36°C.’
- ‘Polymers have a glass transition point, a temperature below which their molecular chains are unable to move around each other freely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.