One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A visa allowing its holder to pass through a country but not to stay there.
permit, travel permit, pass, passport, authority, authorization, credentialsView synonyms
- ‘The authorities claimed that this was in response to intelligence that some nationals of these countries are using transit visas to flout current immigration controls.’
- ‘India and Afghanistan once had a common boundary - to cross-over one needed no transit visa.’
- ‘The guard asked what I was doing in Berlin on a transit visa from Erfurt to Dresden.’
- ‘Visa and transit visa requirements are imposed immediately on any country which starts to generate refugees.’
- ‘Arriving in the little town of Portbou, the refugees discovered that the authorities had declared their Spanish transit visas invalid.’
- ‘The latter makes the transit period of its passengers more pleasurable by offering them a day's transit visa.’
- ‘Fatima told me a transit visa shouldn't take too long.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.