One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pass strong light through (an organ or part of the body) in order to detect disease or abnormality.
- ‘Our first experiments used point stimulation to compare the epi-illuminated and transilluminated voltage-dependent signal.’
- ‘We present here the first systematic demonstration that transilluminated fluorescence may be used to detect electrical activity within cardiac muscle.’
- ‘The light then transilluminates the vessels from underneath.’
- ‘The technology is based on creating a virtual light source deep within tissue that transilluminates vessels.’
- ‘The subsurface peak does have the effect of moving the apparent source of the transilluminated signal deeper into the tissue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.