One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brief episode of neurological dysfunction resulting from an interruption in the blood supply to the brain or the eye, sometimes as a precursor of a stroke.‘it does not reduce stroke risk in women who previously have suffered a transient ischemic attack’
- ‘Patients in the older group more frequently had vascular risk factors including hypertension, previous stroke, transient ischemic attacks and atrial fibrillation.’
- ‘The EMT workers and the nurses who evaluated her upon arrival at the emergency room concluded it was probably a TIA or transient ischemic attack.’
- ‘Research is now integral to the Acute Stroke Unit and the RUH says all patients admitted having had a stroke or transient ischaemic attack can be assured they will receive care based on latest research.’
- ‘He praised the "high level of professional care" he received after suffering a transient ischaemic attack.’
- ‘His two earlier strokes may have been transient ischaemic attacks.’
- ‘He was admitted to hospital on Monday night and was undergoing tests for what doctors believed was a "transient ischemic attack".’
- ‘A total of 496 patients agreed to take part - 379 were stroke patients and 117 had experienced a transient ischemic attack (TIA), often known as a mini stroke.’
- ‘These transient ischaemic attacks, or mini strokes, had passed unnoticed, or as "funny turns".’
- ‘Patients aged younger than 75 years, with no history of transient ischaemic attack or stroke, and bodyweight at least 60 kg might have the best potential for net clinical benefit with intense antiplatelet therapy.’
- ‘Six patients had clots leading to strokes or transient ischemic attacks after the procedure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.