One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of transferring someone or something.
movement, move, moving, shifting, shift, handover, relocation, repositioning, transplant, redirection, conveyance, transference, removal, change, changeover, switch, conversionView synonyms
- ‘It included the building of a new kitchen extension, the transferral of the staircase and the subdivision of a room into bedroom, hallway and bathroom.’
- ‘Even that would see the transferral of £70 bn of assets, with clear implications for fund managers' bottom lines.’
- ‘There will be no public ceremony to mark the transferral of power, but the new leader is expected to give a public address once he has acceded to the throne.’
- ‘The town council is waiting for the formal documentation from the Charities Commission to seal the transferral.’
- ‘How might these affect the transferral of actual thinking patterns between languages?’
- ‘It's a really clumsy and nasty transferral, but that's popular science for you…’
- ‘The normal transferral process is essentially three stages.’
- ‘The club are now appealing for all willing minority shareholders to write to the club with permission to make the transferral, enclosing the original share certificate.’
- ‘The transferral of leases makes landlords unhappy because it forces them to supply a valid reason to refuse a potential tenant.’
- ‘Indeed, a number of events since sovereignty transferral in 1997 directly point to that erosion.’
- ‘It was not a proper spell of transferral, so another such transfer cannot be made.’
- ‘Both parties will also identify research areas that will improve the delivery of the TB control programme by monitoring patient transferral.’
- ‘I'm staying here to watch the transferral ceremony.’
- ‘And it acts in a manner no one can yet explain, obeying the law of ownership and transferral.’
- ‘Due to coppers excellent heat transferral properties it could be assumed that an all copper heatsink would perform quite well.’
- ‘Equally, the conventional use of incidental music in the theatre was a precedent for its transferral into the cinema.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.