One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme that catalyzes the transfer of a particular group from one molecule to another.
- ‘Kinases are specialized transferases that regulate metabolism by transferring phosphate from ATP to other molecules.’
- ‘With the unravelling of the human genome, researchers are already learning more about the structures of the key transferase enzymes involved in glycoprotein synthesis.’
- ‘Whey contains many types of enzymes, including hydrolases, transferases, lyases, proteases, and lipases.’
- ‘Enzyme activity was determined by the transferase assay in crude leaf extracts.’
- ‘The other affects multiple tissues and manifests symptoms similar to the transferase deficiency.’
- ‘Both biosynthetic and transferase enzyme activities of GS are affected in the mutants.’
- ‘Late-expressed genes are, as expected, of more diverse functions and include various metabolic and structural genes, including synthases, transferases, collagen, and proteases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.