RNA consisting of folded molecules that transport amino acids from the cytoplasm of a cell to a ribosome.
- ‘For deep levels of divergence, protein coding genes may be saturated at the amino acid level and highly conserved regions of ribosomal RNA and transfer RNA genes may be useful.’
- ‘Translation is performed by the ribosomes using another type of RNA, transfer RNA or tRNA.’
- ‘RNA molecules - mainly transfer RNA and ribosomal RNA - also evolve under structural constraints.’
- ‘Of these, a few are transcribed, including clusters of ribosomal RNA, transfer RNA, and histone genes.’
- ‘This conclusion was reached prior to the discovery of messenger RNA, transfer RNA, or the mechanism of translation.’