Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
RNA consisting of folded molecules that transport amino acids from the cytoplasm of a cell to a ribosome.
- ‘For deep levels of divergence, protein coding genes may be saturated at the amino acid level and highly conserved regions of ribosomal RNA and transfer RNA genes may be useful.’
- ‘Translation is performed by the ribosomes using another type of RNA, transfer RNA or tRNA.’
- ‘RNA molecules - mainly transfer RNA and ribosomal RNA - also evolve under structural constraints.’
- ‘Of these, a few are transcribed, including clusters of ribosomal RNA, transfer RNA, and histone genes.’
- ‘This conclusion was reached prior to the discovery of messenger RNA, transfer RNA, or the mechanism of translation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.