Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting the application of a medicine or drug through the skin, typically by using an adhesive patch, so that it is absorbed slowly into the body.
- ‘These results correlate with information from other studies, including tests of a transdermal contraceptive patch.’
- ‘They also received nicotine-replacement therapy using transdermal nicotine patches.’
- ‘Testosterone can be given intramuscularly or topically with transdermal patches or gel.’
- ‘These included nicotine gum, inhaler, transdermal patch, and nasal spray.’
- ‘An example where alternative routes of drug administration may help fasting patients is the use of transdermal patches.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.