Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing, applied, or measured across the depth of the skin.
- ‘This mechanism is involved when clinicians use transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation to relieve pain.’
- ‘There are two types of electrotherapy - transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and neuromuscular electrical stimulation.’
- ‘Three types of nerve stimulators are available - spinal cord, peripheral nerve, and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation.’
- ‘A variety of treatments has not been shown to be useful, including facet joint injections, oral steroids, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, biofeedback and traction.’
- ‘Other pain control methods that may be helpful include transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.