One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving more than one culture; cross-cultural.‘the possibility of transcultural understanding’
- ‘In recent decades, however, art historians have become interested in how indigenous material and visual culture can express the transcultural situation of American Indian people.’
- ‘All of our interventions are comprised of both transcultural and culturally specific ingredients.’
- ‘Some individuals have argued that human rights are a result of modern Western transcultural, social, economic, and scientific developments.’
- ‘This finding has implications for our distinction between transcultural and culturally specific aspects of interventions.’
- ‘Hopefully, philosophers will again be led to recognise that a truly transcultural understanding of subjectivity and intersubjectivity requires us to leave our armchairs and venture into the field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.