Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] The study of transcriptomes and their functions.‘the field of transcriptomics allows for the examination of whole transcriptome changes across a variety of biological conditions’
- ‘Unlike transcriptomics, based on the analysis of a uniform molecule class, i.e. RNA, metabolite profiling obviously requires an arsenal of analytical tools owing to the diverse structures, properties, and sizes representing the plant's chemical composition, the metabolome.’
- ‘A genomics analysis on sulphur metabolism has been conducted at the level of transcriptomics and metabolomics.’
- ‘Post-genomics studies such as transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics will bring about a breakthrough for the functional elucidation of genes and for an understanding of a whole process of living cells.’
- ‘The development of new platform technologies such as transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics have allowed a deeper insight into cellular mechanisms of metabolic adaptation on the molecular level, but also the reconstruction of cellular networks.’
- ‘However, the combination of metabolomics and transcriptomics will describe and unravel complex biological system relations.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.