One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to nerve pathways which cross the cerebral cortex of the brain.
- ‘People with transcortical aphasia suffer partial or total loss of the ability to communicate verbally or use written words, but can still repeat words, phrases, or sentences.’
- ‘It has been given preference to external fixation as means of fracture immobilization, and transcortical pins and fiberglass cast have been used.’
- ‘The clinical results of transcortical anesthesia present numerous advantages when compared with conventional techniques.’
- ‘There are many distinct transcortical approaches for the removal of a ventricular tumor.’
- ‘Presently there are six recognized groups of aphasia: Broca's, Wernicke's, conduction, global, transcortical and atypical.’
- ‘This is a subtype of transcortical aphasia in which motor impairment is greater in comparison to sensory and comprehension impairment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.