Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Convert (language or information) from one form of coded representation to another.
- ‘When you look at video encoding and transcoding today, it's so processor intensive.’
- ‘Yes, their burning desire to prevent customers from using CDs on their PCs or transcoding the content to MP3 for use on portable media players looks set to cost them a small fortune.’
- ‘In the triple-code model, after input is transcoded in to the appropriate internal representation, number processing proceeds independently of the input format.’
- ‘The encoding and transcoding technologies can also be used for editing home video from video cameras and storing it on the hard disk.’
- ‘If coupled with format transcoding software, that would allow consumers to buy from any service and play the results on any hardware, which is what buyers want.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.