Convert (language or information) from one form of coded representation to another.
- ‘The encoding and transcoding technologies can also be used for editing home video from video cameras and storing it on the hard disk.’
- ‘If coupled with format transcoding software, that would allow consumers to buy from any service and play the results on any hardware, which is what buyers want.’
- ‘Yes, their burning desire to prevent customers from using CDs on their PCs or transcoding the content to MP3 for use on portable media players looks set to cost them a small fortune.’
- ‘When you look at video encoding and transcoding today, it's so processor intensive.’
- ‘In the triple-code model, after input is transcoded in to the appropriate internal representation, number processing proceeds independently of the input format.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.