One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in US
A technique for detaching oneself from anxiety and promoting harmony and self-realization by meditation, repetition of a mantra, and other yogic practices, promulgated by an international organization founded by the Indian guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (c.1911–2008).
- ‘But it would be a great background sound for Transcendental Meditation.’
- ‘If you have a religion, Transcendental Meditation will help you to appreciate it more.’
- ‘I was also much influenced by Indian meditation practices, starting with Transcendental Meditation around 1970, and various other forms of meditation and yoga over the years.’
- ‘Can Transcendental Meditation cut epidemic levels of stress for students?’
- ‘The Transcendental Meditation technique, practiced for 20 minutes twice daily, has been proven to significantly reduce the effects of stress.’
- ‘The man holding these innovative brand of press meets is none other than the founder of Transcendental Meditation, Maharshi Mahesh Yogi.’
- ‘One of the main reasons I reject religion, especially submissive Eastern cults like Transcendental Meditation, is that the mind is not supposed to be peaceful!’
- ‘The best-known form of meditation is Transcendental Meditation, which more than 1 million Americans practice regularly.’
- ‘The Transcendental Meditation technique, or other relaxation techniques are also useful in managing stress.’
- ‘A high-school counselor thought Transcendental Meditation would be good for a high-strung kid like me.’
- ‘It is reminiscent of the claim of Transcendental Meditation that group meditation could reduce local crime rates.’
- ‘A few scientists had taken Transcendental Meditation as the uniform technique, and had based their observations on the study of the subjects engaged in this form of meditation.’
- ‘Stress reduction programs that use the Transcendental Meditation technique have been reported as significantly lowering total cholesterol, lipid peroxide levels, and carotid artery IM thickness.’
- ‘It was then that the Beatles discovered Mahesh Yogi and Transcendental Meditation.’
- ‘Even the claims made for the significant health benefits of Transcendental Meditation have been greatly exaggerated and distorted.’
- ‘I recall that perhaps you went through Transcendental Meditation training back around 1970.’
- ‘And nothing exemplifies this better than the fact that the one thing Kaufman apparently believed in was Transcendental Meditation.’
- ‘The Transcendental Meditation program is a standardized behavioral intervention with holistic effects.’
- ‘Well the Transcendental Meditation people have been saying this for years.’
Transcendental Meditation/ˈˌtranˌ(t)senden(t)l medəˈtāSHən/
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.