One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Existence or experience beyond the normal or physical level.‘the possibility of spiritual transcendence in the modern world’
superiority, supremacy, predominance, pre-eminence, ascendancyView synonyms
- ‘In science fiction there can be no inexplicable marvels, no transcendences, no devils or demons.’
- ‘They are the inability to distinguish between transcendence in fact and transcendence in illusion.’
- ‘Enough to raise themselves to the same level of transcendence.’
- ‘Fundamentalists, on the other hand, have emphasized the transcendence of God.’
- ‘And now that we know all about them, there still remains the mystery of his transcendence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.