Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existence or experience beyond the normal or physical level.‘the possibility of spiritual transcendence in the modern world’
superiority, supremacy, predominance, pre-eminence, ascendancyincomparability, matchlessness, peerlessnessexcellence, greatness, magnificence, sublimity, importanceparamountcyView synonyms
- ‘Enough to raise themselves to the same level of transcendence.’
- ‘And now that we know all about them, there still remains the mystery of his transcendence.’
- ‘They are the inability to distinguish between transcendence in fact and transcendence in illusion.’
- ‘Fundamentalists, on the other hand, have emphasized the transcendence of God.’
- ‘In science fiction there can be no inexplicable marvels, no transcendences, no devils or demons.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.