Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An integral driving axle and differential gear in a motor vehicle.
- ‘The 400h also uses direct gear drive on the front transaxle, which further reduces noise.’
- ‘The rear transaxle is also a three shaft configuration with one motor/generator and no planetary gears.’
- ‘A revised all-wheel chive system moves the viscous unit from the rear transaxle and bolts it directly behind the front differential.’
- ‘We plan to bring components for hybrid vehicles including motors and transaxles in-house and to the extent possible, outsource lower-value components such as injection-molded plastic parts.’
- ‘The 472, however, has a bigger 13-hp engine, a heavy-duty transaxle and bigger gears.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.