Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The transfer of an amino group from one molecule to another, especially from an amino acid to a keto acid.
- ‘Thereafter, most amino acids are generated by transamination reactions.’
- ‘The earliest enzymatic functions are mostly linked to amino acid catabolism: deamination, transamination, and decarboxylation.’
- ‘Glutamate is also a principal amino donor to other amino acids in subsequent transamination reactions.’
- ‘Leucine, isoleucine, and valine are branched essential amino acids that are catabolized to corresponding keto acids through the process of transamination.’
- ‘The key organic acid, 2-oxoglutarate, is mainly derived from sugar respiration and amino acid transamination reactions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.