One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The transfer of an amino group from one molecule to another, especially from an amino acid to a keto acid.
- ‘The key organic acid, 2-oxoglutarate, is mainly derived from sugar respiration and amino acid transamination reactions.’
- ‘Thereafter, most amino acids are generated by transamination reactions.’
- ‘The earliest enzymatic functions are mostly linked to amino acid catabolism: deamination, transamination, and decarboxylation.’
- ‘Glutamate is also a principal amino donor to other amino acids in subsequent transamination reactions.’
- ‘Leucine, isoleucine, and valine are branched essential amino acids that are catabolized to corresponding keto acids through the process of transamination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.