One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme that catalyzes a particular transamination reaction.
- ‘Concentrations of serum creatine kinase, transaminases, urea, and creatinine may be raised, and bicarbonate may be reduced.’
- ‘Mild elevations in liver chemistry tests such as alanine transaminase and aspartate transaminase can reveal serious underlying conditions or have transient and benign etiologies.’
- ‘Liver function tests routinely combine markers of function (albumin and bilirubin) with markers of liver damage (alanine transaminase, alkaline phosphatase, and glutamyl transferase).’
- ‘Blood tests showed raised levels of aspartate transaminase, alkaline phosphatase and bilirubin, confirming liver damage.’
- ‘Aspartate transaminase is an enzyme that plays a role in many aspects of body metabolism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.