One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Activation of a gene at one locus by the presence of a particular gene at another locus, typically following infection by a virus.
- ‘In mouse pituitary gonadotrope cells, MMP2 and MMP9 can mediate EGFR transactivation.’
- ‘The differential transactivation potential of various HIV - 1 subtypes on these viruses needs to be explored.’
- ‘These injurious substances have been reported to activate EGFR through direct ligand-mediated activation, or via transactivation.’
- ‘The timing of these events is complex and it should be noted that the transactivation of stress-inducible genes is not fully understood even in model systems.’
- ‘Thus, transactivation may account for most of the GC side effects, such as diabetes, arterial hypertension, edema, and glaucoma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.