One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Activation of a gene at one locus by the presence of a particular gene at another locus, typically following infection by a virus.
- ‘Thus, transactivation may account for most of the GC side effects, such as diabetes, arterial hypertension, edema, and glaucoma.’
- ‘These injurious substances have been reported to activate EGFR through direct ligand-mediated activation, or via transactivation.’
- ‘The timing of these events is complex and it should be noted that the transactivation of stress-inducible genes is not fully understood even in model systems.’
- ‘In mouse pituitary gonadotrope cells, MMP2 and MMP9 can mediate EGFR transactivation.’
- ‘The differential transactivation potential of various HIV - 1 subtypes on these viruses needs to be explored.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.