One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A table in a dining hall where athletes in training are served specially prepared meals.
- ‘There's no use training balls-to-the-wall unless you are aware of how to set your training table with the correct foods and in the precise proportions to achieve all of your goals.’
- ‘First the reserves and rookies are exploited by veterans, who demand that reserves play on special teams and rookies stand on training tables to sing.’
- ‘Fortunately, conditioning methods are so much better today, as are the athletic training tables.’
- ‘They hang out here between practices and training table, and there's something about each one I really like.’
- ‘At 2 a.m., it's usually steak or something left over from the training table.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.