One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A light motorcycle for use on rough terrain.
- ‘I think with a set of tubeless rims and tyres this bike would be in the same weight-range as a short-travel full suspension trail bike, and that's a hell of an advantage to be had for any racer.’
- ‘The animal was then dragged behind the back of a trail bike as it sped round and round the soldier's accommodation block.’
- ‘Illegal off-road driving by 4x4 enthusiasts and trail bike riders is being targeted by police and National Park rangers.’
- ‘James produced a sketch drawing of his own designs for the skate park - which would involve a mixture of equipment to be used by trail bike riders, skateboarders and in-line skaters.’
- ‘The new law bans all recreational vehicles, including trail bikes and 4x4s, from all rights of way not already recorded on the definitive map as ‘byway open to all traffic’.’
- ‘Alternatively go for the ultimate and travel with a puncture repair kit and a credit card, buying whatever you need along the way, including a tourer if you started with a trail bike.’
- ‘Opponents of the use of green lanes by four-wheel-drive vehicles and trail bike riders have called a meeting to organise a campaign to have them banned from unclassified county roads in the Dales.’
- ‘Police believe the offenders arrived at the complex with trail bike tracks, after tracks were found throughout the grounds.’
- ‘Officers using dogs ran in, as well as officers on four-wheel drive motorbikes and trail bikes.’
- ‘At this stage we're looking for two people who were riding trail bikes in that area with one other vehicle.’
- ‘Anyone with a registered bike - even scooter, trail bike or moped - is welcome to join in the ride regardless of the type, size, colour, make, age or style of bike.’
- ‘The long trail bike seat has also been changed for a new shorter seat unit.’
- ‘Being a bank holiday weekend, these trail bike riders have been back three or four times a day.’
- ‘This young man rode a trail bike on to the grounds of Parliament - to protest, he says, about the Government's soft law and order policies and its total lack of concern for the victims of crime.’
- ‘‘We've had a good tie-in with our ads for family off-road riding and smaller trail bikes as a way to attract families to our motorcycles,’ he said.’
- ‘A number of joint patrols have also resulted in trail bike riders being stopped and warned about their activities.’
- ‘The kids are about 16 or 17 years old and have trail bikes and motorcross bikes.’
- ‘Off-road vehicles are to be barred from four green lanes in the Yorkshire Dales for a trial period despite strong objections from drivers and trail bike riders.’
- ‘It was easy to spot you around the town on your Suzuki trail bike, the Yellow Peril.’
- ‘‘According to the Government's own research Yorkshire is one of the most popular destinations for off-road vehicles - trail bikes and 4x4s,’ she said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.