One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Well, here's a revealing, tragicomic, ugly example.’
- ‘A moving, tragicomic tale of a woman facing the loss of a breast to cancer has won the annual Seniors Week short story competition.’
- ‘Beyond this, we now find Prime Ministers who are unconscious play-actors, living out tragicomic careers as if for all the world they were indeed the authentic rulers of our time.’
- ‘But he came, spent several drama-filled or tragicomic days, and then left.’
- ‘It would be tragicomic if it had not cost so many lives.’
- ‘A friend of mine with Pentagon contacts tells a tragicomic story.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.