One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman engaged in trading or a trade, typically on a relatively small scale.‘a wealthy tradeswoman’
shopkeeper, retailer, vendor, merchant, dealer, trader, supplier, stockistcraftsman, workman, skilled worker, artisan, employee, tradesperson, mechanicView synonyms
- ‘Walking pretty early one morning, I saw a young tradeswoman behind a counter.’
- ‘We felt that that the tradeswoman's voluntary and active participation in the war was made clear enough by showing the great distance which she has travelled to get into it.’
- ‘The first wife of Prophet Muhammad was a wealthy tradeswoman, the richest woman in Mecca at the time, who exported goods as far away as Syria.’
- ‘A middle-class tradeswoman with a printing press in her own home, her works chronicling the national events of a tumultuous period are a unique resource for the recovery of popular female involvement in early modern political culture.’
- ‘His first wife was a wealthy tradeswoman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.