One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
People engaged in trade.
- ‘In particular we must attract, recruit, inspire and train a veritable army of entry-level tradespeople and professionals to ensure that we can meet the demands upon us.’
- ‘That said, you've got to admire the people who are skilful enough to transform their homes without the help of tradespeople.’
- ‘And with the construction that is going on, it is already difficult to get a builder and tradespeople.’
- ‘Do you think that contractors see that they have a responsibility to train up the next generation of tradespeople?’
- ‘During the past two years I have needed tradespeople for new windows and a kitchen with the same scenario happening: many telephone calls, broken promises, no response.’
- ‘While the operations had been in progress much discomfort had been caused to pedestrians, and tradespeople generally reported a depression in trade.’
- ‘Having made that cynical remark about socially conscious tradespeople, I actually met one last night!’
- ‘Types of key workers to be included in the scheme have not yet been finalised but are likely to include tradespeople as well as public sector workers.’
- ‘We're screaming out for tradespeople, yet people are being told to go to university.’
- ‘It did not seem relevant to a generation of tradespeople and professionals to live just as did their grandfathers in Germany and Poland when all the rest of their lives were so different and so new.’
- ‘It will deliver around 300 jobs for local tradespeople during construction and between 400-500 long-term jobs for retail workers.’
- ‘‘Hosing down the pavement so residents and tradespeople may use the back gate is not what I expected to be obliged to do when I became warden here,’ she added.’
- ‘For craftspeople and tradespeople, who have the skills, they could certainly start a business and do so successfully.’
- ‘Milne's tenants, most of whom are men, are either pensioners or factory and construction workers, tradespeople and contractors who need a place for a while.’
- ‘Participants will include landowners, tradespeople, advisers or expects and business, promoters/investors.’
- ‘People in the rural sector know that more apprenticeships will mean more tradespeople for the rural sector.’
- ‘In their country, they were tradespeople and professionals such as teachers, lawyers or physicians.’
- ‘It would also be good to have some tradespeople among the group, he said.’
- ‘The tradespeople aren't working outside this morning because it's too windy and dangerous.’
- ‘The couple's home was being renovated at the time of the offence and the money was set aside to pay the tradespeople.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.