One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A periodical containing news and items of interest concerning a particular trade.
- ‘Suppliers engage in various forms of promotion, from having websites to trade journal advertising.’
- ‘It was either pick up the extra sections, or get another part-time job (I already had one, editing a trade journal in Manhattan), while also attempting to complete my dissertation.’
- ‘In contrast, a trade management system, the stock trade journal of record, would rely more on the guarantee that entered trades get processed into the trading system.’
- ‘If you don't want to talk about what is happening in your company, what do you want to read about in a trade journal?’
- ‘One of the first rules of journalism, which I myself practiced for nigh on 20 years including two years as editor of a well-known trade journal, is to double check the spelling of names.’
- ‘A politics graduate, she edited a trade journal in the US before joining the UK press office of Condé Nast in the mid-Nineties where colleagues recall her formidable networking skills.’
- ‘The report was published in the December 1995 issue of the trade journal.’
- ‘What could be more important than a trade journal concerned with the solvency of business people?’
- ‘And a growing number of cinema therapy websites, online discussion groups and at least one trade journal litter the internet.’
- ‘In one trade journal, a hog farmer remarked: ‘One reason large confinement systems have worked so well is because of antibiotics.’’
- ‘According to its trade journal, the industry makes ‘staggering ‘profits.’’
- ‘A report in the trade journal said that the £450m barrier had been breached, adding an extra £19m on to the current £431m total.’
- ‘Marketing efforts have so far consisted of demonstration projects, trade show exhibits, trade journal publicity, press releases, word of mouth, and information kits for potential buyers.’
- ‘When it first came out I thought it was the trade journal for plumbers and central heating engineers.’
- ‘It wasn't only the industry that thought clinical research was unimportant, but the industry's most prominent trade journal as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.