One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An edition of a book intended for general sale rather than for book clubs or specialist suppliers.
- ‘If the limited edition emphasizes fragmentation and reading as decomposition, the trade edition, binding word and image face to face in a codex volume, emphasizes reunion.’
- ‘And then who sets the price for the paperback and trade editions?’
- ‘In terms of the dramatic interplay of word, image, and book, the trade edition and the magnificent Scolar Press limited edition are most suggestive.’
- ‘Each format has its own virtues, but the trade edition will be the best choice for most people.’
- ‘This is a plain trade edition - the kind of book for which we now pay, maybe, $8.50.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.