One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An edition of a book intended for general sale rather than for book clubs or specialist suppliers.
- ‘This is a plain trade edition - the kind of book for which we now pay, maybe, $8.50.’
- ‘In terms of the dramatic interplay of word, image, and book, the trade edition and the magnificent Scolar Press limited edition are most suggestive.’
- ‘If the limited edition emphasizes fragmentation and reading as decomposition, the trade edition, binding word and image face to face in a codex volume, emphasizes reunion.’
- ‘And then who sets the price for the paperback and trade editions?’
- ‘Each format has its own virtues, but the trade edition will be the best choice for most people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.