One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The surgical severing of nerve tracts especially in the medulla of the brain, typically to relieve intractable pain or mental illness, or in research.‘surgical tractotomy on the human spinal cord’count noun ‘a tractotomy was performed’
- ‘Subcaudate tractotomy was developed and is primarily used in the United Kingdom.’
- ‘Stereotactic mesencephalic tractotomy constitutes a widely accepted procedure in treating unilateral head and neck cancer pain.’
- ‘They noted that facial pain and itch sensations are both abolished by trigeminal medullary tractotomy.’
- ‘It seems that the complications associated with pulmonary tractotomies are considerably high, but the mortality of anatomic resections is prohibitive.’
- ‘A study of cognitive function in 23 patients undergoing subcaudate tractotomy found significant impairment of cognitive function 2 weeks post-op which had largely resolved after six months.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.