One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Studies over the past ten years of the older High Churchmen, the Tractarians, and the Evangelicals have shown the complexity of the crosscurrents within Anglicanism.’
- ‘Maria resisted convention by joining an Anglican sisterhood, and Christina, who never married, became the finest poet of the Tractarian movement.’
- ‘Beauty and reverence, we are told, were virtually banished from Anglicanism until the Tractarians arrived on the scene.’
- ‘The final chapter - on the missionary outreach of Anglicans, which was strongly influenced by the Tractarians - includes information with which I was not familiar.’
- ‘Newman becomes an outstanding figure of his century, first as an Anglican and leader of the Oxford Movement or Tractarians, and then, famously, as a Catholic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.