One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Beauty and reverence, we are told, were virtually banished from Anglicanism until the Tractarians arrived on the scene.’
- ‘Maria resisted convention by joining an Anglican sisterhood, and Christina, who never married, became the finest poet of the Tractarian movement.’
- ‘The final chapter - on the missionary outreach of Anglicans, which was strongly influenced by the Tractarians - includes information with which I was not familiar.’
- ‘Newman becomes an outstanding figure of his century, first as an Anglican and leader of the Oxford Movement or Tractarians, and then, famously, as a Catholic.’
- ‘Studies over the past ten years of the older High Churchmen, the Tractarians, and the Evangelicals have shown the complexity of the crosscurrents within Anglicanism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.