One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A list of songs or pieces of music in the order in which they appear on a recording.‘the tracklist for the new album’
- ‘As with any best-of album from a band with such a vast output, the final tracklist is bound to be the subject of debate.’
- ‘The name of the band and the album title are intriguing enough, but a glance at the tracklist and you become hooked.’
- ‘The tracklist provides a moody and suitably filmic listen.’
- ‘While this album felt more disparate and less powerful, the tracklist was varied and inventive.’
- ‘They comprise a collection that only skims the surface of his catalog: the tracklist features 16 songs from his 35-year career.’
- ‘From an album standpoint, the decision to remove four songs from the original tracklist makes it a marked improvement on the vinyl edition.’
- ‘The non-chronological tracklist emphasizes the consistency of the band's output.’
- ‘There is a sequence and a track list, but these are not songs that need to stand alone.’
- ‘The track list is peppered with impressive guest spots.’
- ‘You don't even need to skip around to sing this album's virtues, you can just go down the track list in order.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.