One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mutual fund whose holdings mirror the composition of a stock market index or group of indexes.
- ‘In effect, investing in a FTSE 100 index tracker also gives you an indirect investment in China.’
- ‘Structured products such as trackers allow product providers to take out a margin they couldn't otherwise extract.’
- ‘Over the past year the average active fund is up 24 % before fees compared with a gain of 22 % for the typical tracker.’
- ‘By saving money each month in a low-cost index tracker, you can take advantage of rising prices when the markets finally turn the corner.’
- ‘And that being the case, contributions into a FTSE 100 tracker will therefore be weighted towards the strongest of UK businesses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.