One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mutual fund whose holdings mirror the composition of a stock market index or group of indexes.
- ‘And that being the case, contributions into a FTSE 100 tracker will therefore be weighted towards the strongest of UK businesses.’
- ‘Over the past year the average active fund is up 24 % before fees compared with a gain of 22 % for the typical tracker.’
- ‘Structured products such as trackers allow product providers to take out a margin they couldn't otherwise extract.’
- ‘In effect, investing in a FTSE 100 index tracker also gives you an indirect investment in China.’
- ‘By saving money each month in a low-cost index tracker, you can take advantage of rising prices when the markets finally turn the corner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.