One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A loose, warm set of clothes consisting of a sweatshirt or light jacket and pants with an elastic or drawstring waist, worn when exercising or as casual wear.
- ‘The final selection was a navy tracksuit with grey polo shirt for boys, and blue polo shirt for the girls.’
- ‘Two others were 6ft tall and wore dark tracksuits.’
- ‘He returns, make-up and hair fixed, still dressed in his tracksuit trousers and T-shirt.’
- ‘He was wearing a dark-coloured tracksuit with the hood up and a baseball cap on underneath.’
- ‘The teachers around her were all wearing tracksuits and attire that they'd wear whilst teaching.’
- ‘I was wearing navy blue tracksuits - something that's not skin tight and therefore would allow me to hide my little black gun in my pocket.’
- ‘It wasn't much use - girls were wearing everything from fancy dresses to tracksuits.’
- ‘He was wearing a dark tracksuit with a hooded top and a scarf around his face.’
- ‘He was wearing a dark tracksuit top and trousers at the time of the attack.’
- ‘They should preferably wear loose clothing like tracksuits.’
- ‘He described his attacker as white, aged about 16 and wearing a blue tracksuit top and a baseball cap.’
- ‘He drives to work in Tallaght each morning dressed in a tracksuit and goes for a five-mile run.’
- ‘They came in their wellies and wax jackets, but tracksuits, hipster jeans, dainty shoes and sparkly tops were also on show.’
- ‘At this point it began producing leisure wear and tracksuits.’
- ‘Two men wore tracksuits with Arabic writing across the back.’
- ‘Among the smartly dressed businessmen a handful of young hospital visitors dressed in tracksuits, trainers and baseball caps look incongruous as they sit smoking in the interior gardens.’
- ‘The man was wearing a black tracksuit, a black windbreaker and a green jersey.’
- ‘One wore a white tracksuit with hooded top while the other had dark clothing.’
- ‘The man who was naked from the waist up and wearing tracksuit bottoms, has not yet been identified.’
- ‘I don't have any specific clothing preferences, but at most I am a boring dresser, sticking to casual clothes like T-shirts and tracksuits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.