Inflammation of the trachea, usually secondary to a nose or throat infection.
- ‘Bacterial tracheitis (also called pseudomembranous croup) is an uncommon infection that usually occurs in children and has a severe, rapidly progressive course.’
- ‘Children with signs of epiglottitis, bacterial tracheitis, foreign body, chronic pulmonary disease, recent varicella, and recent steroid treatment were excluded.’
- ‘At 12 mo, 4 subjects suffered from rhinitis and sore throat and 2 others suffered from spasmodic tracheitis.’
- ‘The organism produces multiple necrotizing granulomata that will eventually destroy alveolar septa and produce bronchopneumonia, bronchitis, or tracheitis.’
- ‘Other less common diagnoses included otitis media, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, or a combination of these.’