One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The octagonal lantern with delicate traceried panelling houses Great George, a bell of over nine tons.’
- ‘Traditional statuettes of saints stand under vaulted, traceried canopies.’
- ‘Rows of minute traceried windows are topped by projecting open canopies, while the towers are topped by polygonal miniature lamps.’
- ‘The second level door has traceried sidelights and a fantail with decorative molding above the door.’
- ‘The upper of the two steps upon which it stands is traceried, and there are four lions against the stem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.