One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Rows of minute traceried windows are topped by projecting open canopies, while the towers are topped by polygonal miniature lamps.’
- ‘The upper of the two steps upon which it stands is traceried, and there are four lions against the stem.’
- ‘The second level door has traceried sidelights and a fantail with decorative molding above the door.’
- ‘The octagonal lantern with delicate traceried panelling houses Great George, a bell of over nine tons.’
- ‘Traditional statuettes of saints stand under vaulted, traceried canopies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.