One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On each of the five vertical sections that made up the image, silhouetted shapes, colored geometric forms, flowers, furniture, twigs, toylike figures and indistinct shadows floated aimlessly through a viscous, horizonless space.’
- ‘Considering the toylike quality of the car's aluminum frame clad in plastic panels, one hopes that the lights' purported safety function is worth the research-and-development dollars.’
- ‘They are also cute and toylike - but toys for whom?’
- ‘Cell phones are toylike, nearly magic, and we get a huge kick out of them, as often happens with technological advances until the new wears off.’
- ‘Uptown, the dominant and by far the best work was Gulliver, an enormous recumbent figure constructed out of simple geometric solids, with fat toylike hands and feet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.